1st line IT Support Technician / IT Helpdesk / IT Support / Manchester
This company provides onsite/remote IT support and hosted services to small-medium businesses throughout the North West of England ranging from 5 to 150 employees. Operating for 10 years and having near 100% customer retention they are a company that prides themselves on high IT standards, excellent communication, rapid problem resolution and dynamic solution delivery. They value all the team very highly and have a very high staff retention.
Based in Manchester City Centre they currently have a vacancy for a 1st line Support Engineer to work in their busy helpdesk department. This is an opportunity to join their growing, service-driven organisation in an interesting and varied role.
This is a fast-paced and varied role for a 1st line Support Engineer. Based in their busy Manchester City Centre office you will provide remote and onsite support to business clients.
This is a dynamic and challenging position working in a busy role with a skilled and friendly team where you will be well looked after and encouraged to learn, grow and progress.
The main responsibilities will include…
- 1st line technical support, by email and telephone, to our client base of around 2000 users
- Monitoring and dealing with any emails in the support inbox
- Monitoring and updating the help-desk ticket system
- Diagnosing issues and performing first time fixes where possible
- Advising customers appropriately and communicating regularly regarding open tickets.
- Escalating tickets to 2nd and 3rd Line where necessary
- Supporting laptops, desktops, thin clients in both local and hosted environments
- Some minor exposure to onsite problem solving
- Administration of Active Directory, Exchange/Office 365, Server 2012/2016, Windows 7 to 10 and a wide range of other technologies in time
The list above is not exhaustive and you will gain exposure to a wide range of technologies and different setups - they have a large number of customers with different requirements and infrastructures and so you will gain a LOT of experience!
The ideal candidate will have…
- A minimum of 1-2 years 1st Line IT Support within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience with Active Directory, Print Services, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10
- Experience of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Experience of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services - this is essential
- A confident and friendly personality with a keen and professional approach to work
The role includes some onsite work, so a valid full, clean UK driving licence is required.
Salary, benefits and working hours
A basic salary of £17k - £22k is available dependent upon experience + professional improvement allowance.
Standard working hours - 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Overtime will be available.