2nd line IT Support / IT Helpdesk - Manchester City Centre
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£21,000 to £26,000
2nd line IT Support Technician / IT Helpdesk / IT Support / Systems Administrator / Network Administrator / Greater Manchester / Manchester
This company provides onsite/remote IT support and hosted services to small-medium businesses throughout the North West of England ranging from 5 to 150 employees. Operating for 10 years and having near 100% customer retention they are a company that prides themselves on high IT standards, excellent communication, rapid problem resolution and dynamic solution delivery. They value all the team very highly and subsequently have a very high staff retention.
Based in Manchester City Centre they currently have a vacancy for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to work in their busy helpdesk department. This is an opportunity to join their growing service-driven organisation in an interesting and varied role.
This is a fast-paced and varied role for a 2nd Line Support Engineer. Based in their busy Manchester City Centre office you will provide remote and onsite support to business clients. You will need to be organised and structured in your approach to tasks with strong communication skills. There will be continuous involvement in delivering new and interesting projects to their clients.
This is a dynamic and challenging position working in a busy role with a skilled and friendly team where you will be well looked after and encouraged to learn, grow and progress.
The main responsibilities will include…
- 2nd line technical support to their client base of around 2000 users
- Monitoring and updating the helpdesk ticket system
- Supporting laptops, desktops, thin clients and HP/Dell servers
- Support of VMWare Servers alongside 3rd line support
- Setup and administration of firewalls, VPN and VLAN
- Undertaking of small to medium sized IT projects
- Troubleshooting more complex problems with typical desktop/server/networking hardware and software
- Providing help and support to 1st line members of the team
The ideal candidate will have…
- A minimum of 2-3 years 1st/2nd Line IT Support within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Experience with Active Directory, Print Services, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10
- Experience supporting VoIP systems
- Experience of network troubleshooting including TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Experience of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services - This is essential
- Experience with backup software such as Backup Exec, Shadow Protect, Veeam
- A confident and friendly personality with a keen and professional approach to work
Salary, benefits and working hours
A basic salary of £21k - £26k is available dependent upon experience plus professional improvement allowance.
The standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm from Monday to Friday and overtime will also be available.